fredag 5 september 2008

Suffer buying and crayfish record

Tomoya is coming to Sweden tomorrow. I'm more excited than ever and unable to sleep. Well, at least I can blog a little instead. The last days I've been spending doing quite pointless things as going to Skövde and playing the accordion. I'm slowly starting to appreciate Sweden for what it is and a bus ride from the town Skövde to my home was really nice, and I must admit that the landscape over here is quite beautiful. Something that there's a lot of in this country are churches. They are everywhere, but most of them are old and beautiful, so I don't really mind. Anyhow. Yesterday I went to a city some distance away called Lidköping. I went there to visit my friend and ex-neighbour Emma. She is working there as a nurse and has just moved into her new apartment. Lidköping is a very cosy town, and I spent some hours at a cosy cafe. At night Emma made me dinner, avocado with shrimps for starters, salmon for main and chocolate mousse for dessert. It was extremely nice. Lidköping is quite an old town with a lot of old beautiful buildings. For example there is the old city hall (or something like that) which is now a tourist information centre and a nice cafe. Many other parts of the town looks like they've been untouched for some hundred years and to be honest, I wouldn't mind living in that town. Emma had a little surprise for me as well. She had some sort of coupon for The Body Shop, for a free make up, which I got. It was nice, and of course I ended up buying some products, although I know that the purpose of the whole thing was just that. It's easy to fool me it seems... I stayed in Lidköping for one night and I returned today. Today me and my folks and my grandfather were invited to our neighbours (the very parents of Emma) to eat Kräftskiva. Kräfta in Swedish means Crayfish, and yes, we eat them. It takes several minutes to open one of those and there's not much on the inside. But this kräft-traditon that we have here is more about the alcohol and just a random reason to celebrate it seems. In September there are kräft parties everywhere in the country. This kräftskiva was extra nice since Mona, our host, had made an effort to have as much crayfish related table ware as possible. She did a magnificent job. How many crayfishes can you find on this picture? Anyhow. It was a nice evening, and even the cat, Tusse, was happy since I kept him fed with some crayfish parts as well. Of course we got nice desert, apple pie and whipped cream. And with that coffee, of course. Tomorrow Tomoya is coming. I'm going to pick him up at the airport, and I can't wait. I better go to bed now so that I can calm down a little...





0 kommentarer: