tisdag 30 september 2008

New haircut

Yesterday I went to cut my hair. I went to the hairdresser to whom I usually go and he was surprised to see me again, since he knew that I was about to return to Sweden the last time I was there. As usual, I couldn't decide too much myself what my hair was going to look like, but he had his own ideas and started cutting as I sat down. Since autumn has come he decided to give my hair a little harder look, like a 50's style bob with a little more air. I didn't protest, and in the end I got some sort of Amelie look, with the sharp fringe and all. Or, a helmet. Well, it's easy to shampoo at least.
At Sunday Tomoya and I did some more shopping. We went to Shimokitazawa, a nice shopping area some minutes from Shinjuku. This time I didn't buy anything but Tomoya went crazy again and bought a jacket. We also went to a very weird café, that looked like a combination between a library, a very dirty bar and a rundown warehouse. The tableware consisted of tin cans, cups with commercial printed on them and wooden spoons. The tables were different from each other and me and Tomoya sat on a sofa/bed - looking piece of furniture that also worked as a table. We got a tray so that the cups and plates shouldn't fall over. The food though, was excellent, and I'm definitely going to go there again. At Sunday night we ate Ochazuke. Rice on which you pour green tea and eat with a spoon. It was, sort of nice, but, weird. Yesterday, after cutting my hair I went to Starbucks with Jonathan. Jonathan is a funny guy, and every time we are at Starbucks he starts talking to some cute girl who is studying English, starting the conversation with "Hello, I see that you are studying English, I'm from Australia and maybe I can help you. If you want to, you can come to our table!". It usually ends with some little confused girl coming to our table and I have to act as if I'm as interested in teaching her English as he is. It's confusing but fun. Today I went by myself to study at a café in Shinjuku. It's hard to concentrate because I'm a little nervous about my work in Nagoya that starts tomorrow (oh dear...). This morning some Japanese guy from Sandvik called and gave me some information about the work. My Japanese was all but perfect 1 minute after waking up, and I hope that he didn't get a too bad impression of me. Anyhow, now I have to make pancakes for Tomoya who is coming home any minute now. And also, I have some packing to do for tomorrow.




5 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Really like your haircut and all the photos! Your new hat looks a little like the one I bought in Gothemburg, but nicer. Good luck for your work in Nagoya!!

Anonym sa...

Åhh! Really nice haircut, cousin!

Anonym sa...

What a hairstyle theif you are, little sister... and I see you're also cutting it shorter each time. Looking forwards to seeing you in a crew cut next time... ;-) Hrmm... now who could this mysterious cousin be? Mixing swedish and english... It must be Kent or Bertil... ;-)

Sara sa...

Yeah, thats very peculiar. I should cut it longer next time...

Anonym sa...

My thought exactly, I keep asking my hairdresser to cut my hair longer each time, but she just won't do it! Weird, isn't it?! Hehe...